About Me

My photo
i'm in my 2nd year as a speech language pathologist. i love what i do-- teaching people how to communicate is such a satisfying, and rewarding career. i am able to apply a lot of my personality and interests into my daily therapy sessions and consultations.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Burger Princess

Today I was in town and I was running errands well into the lunch hour.  All I wanted to do was go through a drive thru and open a hot bag filled with fries.  Thanks to the iPhone, there's an app for that!  I was able to quickly look up the cals/fat/fiber for yet another lovely bagged lunch.  Getting a kids meal slashes the amount of cals drastically.  2 funny things happened.  First, they asked me if was a boy or girl... I was like "I don't need a toy, it's for myself." It just made me chuckle.  Secondly, I asked for a Diet Coke as my drink........ And the refreshment came out the size of the old tupperware ma used to put my apple juice in.  In 3.87625 sips, my pop was GONE... I must pat myself on the back, however...after the smaller portioned meal, I got my "fast food fix" as well as felt satisfied and nourished with the items that were less than 1/4 of their regular counterparts.  

Decreasing portion sizes and realizing how much you're truly putting into your body is a shock when you start looking at when your body is full and ready to stop eating... as opposed to continuing to eat to fill an emotional or physical need.  With each passing day, it's getting easier to separate the need at the want.

No comments:

Post a Comment